Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Singer Shakira is helping the world

Singer Shakira is splashing her cash on shopping which helps to save the world's economies.

The Hips Don't Lie star admits she used to worry about spending her money because she is Catholic but soon realised her spending habits can benefit the world.

Shakira said, "I do like to enjoy things any normal girl my age enjoys: I jog in the park, watch really bad movies. I used to feel guilty - I am a Catholic girl after all - but today, the way I see it, shopping keeps the world rolling. A world where people don't consume? The economy gets worse."

The She Wolf hitmaker Shakira also denied claims she has turned her back on her native country and insists she does everything she can to help.

"It couldn't be further from the truth - I go frequently to Colombia,” said the Singer, who now lives in Miami.

"I grew up understanding that in countries like mine when you are born poor, you are destined to die poor.” she added.

"I have seen how many children are recruited into the militia or into the drug-trafficking business at an early age because they are not safe at school, and I understood that I could do something about it even in a small way. No child wants to be a drug dealer or in the militia," Shakira said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Today Live Streaming Matches