Monday, January 18, 2010

AR Rahman's Hollywood Movie Audio Launched

AR Rahman's Hollywood Movie Audio Launched

Saregama India launched Rahman's latest Hollywood film Couples Retreat sound track in India at a Chennai five star on Monday (Jan 18) evening. AR Rahman, Gautam Menon along with Apurv Nagpal CEO of Saregama India were present

The film stars Vince Vaughn and set in an island resort were five couples land up. Said Rahman :"I chose this film because they came to me even before the Oscars. I felt touched otherwise normally after an Oscar people don’t do a comedy. But it was a pleasure doing the album. I enjoyed the freedom they gave me plus the budget for the orchestra. I prefer doing Hollywood films where they want me rather than me wanting them."

The album has a song Kuru kuru... with lyrics by Rahman in Tamil apart from songs in Sanskrit, Spanish and Hindi. He has also used classical piano and African influences.

Gautham declared that he had come as a fan of Rahman and was happy that the album was released now in India. "I saw the film in America because of Rahman and I am glad Saregama has taken the initiative."

Rahman disclosed that the song Sajna... has been nominated for the Academy awards. His son has also sang a song in the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Today Live Streaming Matches