Sunday, January 17, 2010

Abhinav Bindra enied participation at the Commonwealth games

The weird ways of the National Rifle Association (NRAI) has forced the sole gold medalist from India at the Olympics 2008 Abhinav Bindra to consider quitting the sport altogether.

Abhinav, who is practicing abroad for the past six months for the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games, which is to be held in India and China respectively, was called to show up for regular trials in India.

Bindra had to rush from Germany where he was practicing, to attend one of the trials and was appalled when the trial was postponed at the last moment.

Despite requesting the NRAI and the Sports Ministry to allow him to prepare in the same manner as he prepared for the Beijing Olympics there was no response from either of them.

A very upset Bindra said, “The present situation has me very upset and does not leave me with much motivation.”

He further added, “I don’t see any chance of future success if I'm not allowed to prepare in a certain way that has worked for me and is what my professional team and I have planned.”

To make matters worse, Bindra was denied participation at the Commonwealth shooting championship, which was to be held in February in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Today Live Streaming Matches